Which? Trusted Trader
Why use Which? Trusted Traders?
As a brand Which? have been extensively testing products and services for over half a century, now they are doing it for local traders. Just like the Which? Best Buy award, the Which? Trusted Trader badge highlights the best local traders near you.
How we assess our traders
Which? Trusted Traders is an endorsement scheme that puts consumers in touch with local reputable tradesmen. To become a Which? Trusted Trader, traders are put through an assessment process looking into various aspects of the business practices. Not just anyone can become a Which? trusted Trader.
The assessment process involves:
- Credit Check – To establish the financial stability of the business
- References – Random customer checks are completed by a member of the Which? Trusted Trader team
- Business Procedures – Business practices such as customer complaints procedures and record keeping are examined
- Interview and Assessment – Each trader is interviewed in person on a one to one basis by a member of the Which? Trusted trader team
- Code of Conduct – All traders must agree to abide by our terms and conditions as well as the code of conduct
- Endorsed Trader – When the trader has satisfied the above the trader is endorsed as a Which? Trusted Trader
Who makes the grade?
Not everybody can join the scheme. The rigorous testing procedure means only 1 in 4 applicants are endorsed. Only traders who demonstrate they meet the high standards of the scheme are credited with Which? trusted Trader status.
If things go wrong
Where we cannot resolve any customer complaints using our internal complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader we are able to use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted Trader in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.
Choosing a contractor
Most of us have turned away a double glazing salesperson from our doorstep or heard a double glazing-related horror story. A small number of rogue firms leaves us with a negative view on finding good installers but a little back ground research goes a long way. Here’s our advice on finding and hiring great local glazing companies:
- You should contact at least three established installers and organise for them to visit you at home. Do not buy products and services during this initial meeting.
- Some installers try to use aggressive, high pressure sales tactics. If an installer starts offering time-sensitive discounts, calls ‘the area manager’ and similar, alarm bells should sound.
- The aim of the visits should be to get at least three comparable quotes in writing and to meet the installer that will be spending days or weeks at your property. A good glazing firm should never pressure you into a sale – never agree to anything on the spot. A quality installer will always take the time to provide a detailed written quotation with all aspects of the project clearly explained in writing. A detailed written quotation is a crucial part of the process. The quotation should detail design, product, specification, upgrades, building reg’s and guarantee information.
- Remember that the cheapest quote might not be the best. Follow up customer references and think carefully about the level of professionalism demonstrated during the visit and survey, ask to speak to existing customers and view previous work. You should also be able to find independent reviews on-line detailing previous customers experiences with the installer. Try and arrange to visit previous customers homes to see examples of work the company has previous completed.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Either call us on 0115 9306630
or write to us at Lifestyle Home Solutions Ltd, The Old Forge, West Street, Ilkeston, DE7 5JW
or email us at email@example.com
We aim to respond within 7 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0333 241 3209.